Going To Try Low Dose Carvedilol

jangle

It blocks the beta receptors like propanolol does but it also blocks alpha 1 receptors.

The alpha 1 receptors are the receptors that norepinephrine predominately binds to. So in this way if you have excessive norepinephrine it will help to counterbalance this state.

Well I took a 10 mg CR dose today and nothing really happened, I think it was too low of a dose. My blood pressure didn't even fall at all. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and ask for a higher dose.

Also think I want to get the short acting stuff not the CR dosages.

I tried it, it built up with time and eventually - I had really bad heart pains and had to stop it. Go slow and go low.

Issie

Issie, I'm not using this continuously as I feel my POTS is controlled with exercise. However, I want to use it more for anxiety. Propanolol was good for my anxiety symptoms however I can't tolerate

more than 10 mg of it. I'm only going to use this medicine in low dosages to prevent panic attacks.

Hummm, sounds like an odd choice for anxiety. I'm trying an herb right now - just started last night and I swear it is taking my tachy away. I mean away! I'm having things backfire on me at the 2 1/2 week mark. So, will try it out longer and then post about it. But, I read an article where a person was having anxiety and tachy and started using this and it went away for them. I used 15 drops in water last night and this morning ---it's Motherwort. Anyone else tried it?

The diamox was a bust - as was the clonidine. Oh Well, something else to put on the list of DO NOT DO.

Issie

Hummm, sounds like an odd choice for anxiety. I'm trying an herb right now - just started last night and I swear it is taking my tachy away. I mean away! I'm having things backfire on me at the 2 1/2 week mark. So, will try it out longer and then post about it. But, I read an article where a person was having anxiety and tachy and started using this and it went away for them. I used 15 drops in water last night and this morning ---it's Motherwort. Anyone else tried it?

Funny that this comes up just after I ended up coming across and reading about Motherwort recently. I have some on its way to me, so eventually I'll be trying it. I've even put together a formula of sorts for me to try at some point if it is helpful. Definitely keep us posted! (and sorry for taking this a bit further off topic!)

I don't think the suggestion of Motherwort is off the subject - cause it really does help anxiety and it helps the tachy. Second day and it's still doing good. I've had to use it throughout the day - yesterday 4 times - but, I'm using 1/2 of recommended dose each time. I'd rather not overload and be too lethargic on it. I'd rather space it out and keep it more consistant.

How's the eucomma doing? Still mellowing you out?

Issie