Abnormal Urine Results

StephL

I just got some urine and blood results back, in the past almost all my lab results have been fine.

The doc called yesterday to say my B12 and D was low. I wasn't surprised and I went today for my first monthly shot of B12 and they've got me taking over the counter vitamin D supplements.

I also picked up the copy of my lab results, I keep everything I can on hand.

Anyway my urinalysis says that I have white blood cells (1+).

Is this normal?

Am I getting worse?

I've been sick for so long now and it scares me that I may be getting worse instead of better.

They don't get too worked up about a little bit of WBC in the urine. Most of the time they think it's just an "unclean" catch. If you start to have UTI symptoms, absolutely call your doc and get a repeat on the urine. If you aren't symptomatic they don't do much with it. Sorry that your B12 was low and vit D. I'm on vit D myself. I hear you on the worrying about getting worse, not better.... story of my life since March. You can always call back and ask them if it will make you feel better.

Good luck!

Thank you.

I'm usually pretty calm about this condition but now and then I just get sick and tired of being sick and tired. Then finding out that some of my blood and urine results are coming back with problems was a kick in the face.

I really thought after I got diagnosed we would be able to get this under control and it's not, at all. The meds me way worse and I worry now about MCAD.

It's just one of those days where I'm on a pity pot and letting my anxiety get the better of me. My anxiety hasn't been bad at all until a couple days ago.

Low vitamin D is really common. I wouldn't worry about that-it's good you're taking the supplements. What did your Dr. say about the low B-12? From what I've read, this can cause a whole lot of problems. Why is it low - have you read about pernicious anemia? Not that you have that, but you never know. Just wonder why it's low - if it's because of diet or....? Maybe the shots will make you feel better.

He didn't say why it was low and they just set me up for monthly shots.

Its not techincally low. 286. But there was a note on the lab report that studies have shown that some people "experience neuropsychiatric and hematologic abnormalities" when their B12 is between 200 and 400.

My problem right now is that my PC doesn't know much of anything about dysautonomia. I've put a call into Dr. Thompson but he was sick yesterday so I have to wait until he's feeling better to see if he agrees with the course my PC is taking.

The exciting news is that I found a doctor very close to home that knows about autonomic dysfunction. I have an appointment with her at the end of the month. It seems like a year away right now but I'm just so tickled that their might be hope of someone near by that can help me.

Dr. Thompson did tell me that B12 can be lowered by florinef but I had already gone off of that long before I had the bloodwork because I was having problems with all the meds I was put on and decided I was better before I was on all that. I was not only sicker but I was experiencing episodes of rage, so very unlike me, and I would cry all day long. Perhaps that is because the florinef was dropping my B12 too low, I don't know.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into the pernicious anemia. I think I did stumble across it yesterday when researching but kind of overlooked it.

I have pernicious anemia, with B12 in the low 100s, and vit. d/magnesium/potassium deficiency. I was told that malabsorption is a common problem in dysautonomia and nothing to worry about other than the B12 (because that is related to another issue). I just take the vitamins.

I also always get that white cell note on urinalysis because my POTS seems to be autoimmune related and I'm constantly fighting infections. Still, they never worry unless I have an active infection. I've gotten so good at knowing when I'm coming down with an infection that I go to the doctor completely asymptomatic except that my white count is through the roof. As long as the white count is okay on the cbc they don't worry.