Siblings With Pots?

Well my 3 children all have some form of ANS dysfunction diagnosed as POTS at the moment! They all suffer the same symptoms, Fatigue, brain fog, dizziness, resting bradicardia, sudden bouts of breathlessness, arrhythmia's, exercise intolerance, GI issues and the list goes on but show different TTT results. I have the same symptoms but am officially undiagnosed, but I have low resting BP that goes high on standing even with 2 BP meds and was the same before meds. Myself and my children all have a diagnosis of Classical EDS. Plus they also all showed signs of some form of ANS dysfunction from quite young, they all remember blacking out from 5/6 years old.

My children see the same consultant Rach73 so I guess the Dr.'s are going to have fun with us!

Definite genetic components. My genetic testing has made me realize that almost all the things I'm dealing with have a gentic connection. Yeah, in my family for sure.

Anna, just to let you know - I'm on 1/4 of the diamox only at night and can tell a difference. It seems to be helping. I'm also doing a lot of other things for autoimmune things also - but, left the diamox off for about a week and noticed how much it WAS helping and went back on - only with a lot lower dose and only one time a day. So far, so good. I'm still using the Suma in the am as it is similiar in what the diamox does and seems to be enough for the day.

Issie

Thanks for the update Issie, I may well try them just in case I. Sorry could not PM you not sure why but seem to be unable to write any PM's not computer literate excuse the pun lol.

Probably my fault - if you tried to respond on the link you and I have been talking on forever ---I deleted that one. I needed to clean up my InBox and have deleted a bunch of conversations. So, if someone needs to PM me, you will probably need to start a new conversation. So, it should work Anna.

Issie

• 1 month later...

I have hyperpots, My older sister has ms, my younger sister has abnormal eegs and has passed out and also has weird issues with veins and unexplained massive bruises, and my younger brother has lesion on brain and since young age has been taking siezure and blood pressure medicine. My big sis def thinks it is in genes, we all had the same mother but older sister/younger brother had different fathers so must have been passed through my mothers side.