Why Are Late Mornings So Bad? What's The Significance Of Diurnal Rhythms To Symptoms?

kds

Greetings all, from a grateful newbie who has been lurking & learning for a while. My various dysautonomic issues - especially orthostatic hypertension and HR problems - are at their worst in the late morning. I know Vanderbilt requires BP data from this time to get an appointment, so it must be a pattern. However, I've not seen an explanation. Theories and/or articles would be much appreciated. Presumably it's hormonal, but which hormones are involved? Many thanks, KDS

Welcome! I seem to have a similar issue as you. I feel my normal tired self when I get up, but come mid-morning I am alway fighting low blood sugar. This causes all my symptoms to be worse. By the late afternoon, I feel my usual self.

I know that cortisol is diurnal, and my last bloodwork showed high-normal cortisol and ACTH first thing in the morning.

Hi, mine is the same the worst time of day for me is between 10 am and 1:00. Evenings, I feel great. The only thing I've come up with is the SNS. It is really ramped up in the mornings and you become more vagal at night.

Late mornings are not too bad for me, but part of that may be that I don't get up until 9-10am :^) My worst times for cognitive symptoms are between 5-7pm (after doing some symptom tracking every 15 minutes for a week; I'm also best in the early afternoon, say 1-4pm), but no time in particular seems better/worse for general POTS stuff as long as I've had enough sleep (otherwise mornings are a mess in general).

Guest headhunter030

Yeah mid mornings for me. Has to be that circidian (too tired to research spelling) rhythm thing. I will actually shake around 1045 and my sugar is not low at that time. I eat take and a sedative and sometimes it doesnt help.