I'm Baaaaaack.....sort Of....

Hi, all...

Just a quick note to say that I'm back in the saddle after one of the worst weeks of my life (and that's saying something!)...long story short, the catastrophic storms that blew through the DC Metro Area on June29th resulted in massive power outages and, basically, a big ol' mess during a wicked heat wave. We had no power along with the added joy of no water due to the treatment facilities also being without power for an extended time. I was totally exhausted and fried from the outages, oppressive heat (heat intolerance is one of my most bothersome symptoms), lack of food and general insanity.When the living room temperature hit 86, my husband I packed up the cat and headed out of town--the cat and I spent most of the 3.5 hour drive wailing like banshees! :o

We relocated to relatives in SW PA knowing that the mountains would be naturally cooler...and that our peeps would have power! In the midst of all of this, my grandfather had major surgery, so I spent the week running back and forth to the hospital while trying to juggle working from a distance. I was displaced, scared, exhausted, fried, worried and generally hysterical. Soooooooo, now we're back, and as is my typical reaction, I'm now physically crashing now that all the crises have passed...everything hurts, I've got the shakes, chills, headaches, hives, stomach aches, chest pains, etc. I plan to spend the next 3 days sleeping and trying to get my life back in some kind of order....hope everyone out there is doing well!

Wow! Nice to see you back, but was hoping you were off on some wonderful beach vacation or something. SORRY to hear about what a nightmare you've been living thru.

Interesting, in a warped type of way, how our bodies manage to do relatively ok thru a crisis but then totally disintegrate after it's past.

Hope you get back on your feet soon.

ophelialit,

I'm in B-more. Had been staying at mom's house due to my illness but that house lost power for 10 days because the wires were ripped away from the house. So, we packed up the cats and my dog and mom and I went to my house which had power. So, Day #1 was moving animals and ourselves in 100 degree heat (I thought surely I would die). Then, Day #2 was moving two refrigerators' and one large upright freezer's worth of food to my house (hundreds of pounds and dollars in food) in 100 degree heat (I started to wonder if that is what **** is like.) Then, Day 3, 4, 5, I actually found out what **** is like! I totally crashed with the full on migraine, syncope, pain in all parts of my body. Meanwhile, my stepfather wouldn't leave my mom's because there was a band of teenagers roaming the neighborhood looking for empty houses and cars to break into since so many people had to leave their homes. He was taking turns with 2 other neighbors keeping watch, so mom and I were worried about him between the heat and the teenagers and kept taking him ice and cold things a few times a day. Ugh!! It's a good life if you don't falter. Right?

I really feel for you because my trip was only 10 minutes between houses. I hope a good rest up gets you back on your feet!

Big Hug,

Katie