Iron Infusion

I had a series of them a couple of years ago and had no problem with them. The worst part for me was just getting the IV started since I am a tough stick. Just try and make sure to do plenty of salt and water in advance so your veins are nice and plump!

I didn't get the huge burst in energy that I had hoped might come with IV iron, but my labs did respond appropriately and I have held acceptable levels for a couple of years now.

Good luck!

I had 3 fairly close together infusions a few years ago. I'm a hard stick to so that was the worst part. I tolerated it fine and it raised by blood levels back to norm. I had so much else going on I don't know if I felt better or not.

They should give you iv or oral benedryl with it to help prevent a reaction to it. Make sure you get that. It will give you a nice little nap too, while waiting for the infusion to finish.

Really no worries, just make sure they are prepared to handle a reaction and what they will do for you.