I Woke This Morning Feeling Sick

When I woke this morning I felt really sick. Migrainous, nausea, exhaustion etc. My first thought was that I'd caught a flu virus (it's winter here in Australia). I felt really ill. I took my medications and one of the tablets I take for breakthrough migraine and went back to sleep. I woke an hour later feeling quite a lot better. Just really, really tired and still with some head pain. I was able to get up and load the washing machine and tidy the kitchen. I will spend the rest of the day in front of the tv on the couch probably. That's how exhausted I feel.

I guess that's what I mean about 'denial.' I've been diagnosed with POTS for about 5 and half years - I think it is now - and by now, simply from sheer experience of these symptoms, I should know that it's usually going to be POTS causing me to feel ill but my first thought is it's a virus???????

thanks pam,

yes, it is funny how we don't let our first thought be that it might be pots. I've had pots for more years than I care to remember. Was diagnosed with it nealy 6 years ago and yet still I think it must be something else. Sometimes i wonder if it's because people around me don't take it very seriously. I get a lot of that 'you can push through it stuff' which drives me wild. Exactly how can I push through it, I ask them.. There's never an answer to that. Actually I was talking about being in denial about it. Really, it's my family who is in denial. Except for one sister who is very kind to me.

blue

It's the way it is...some days are just better than others. Yesterday I woke up and could hardly see; that was scary, but by afternoon after taking my meds, it helped some. This is a chronic condition and very unpredictable. It is good that my husband was able to drive my son to the airport, because I couldn't have driven him. Sorry you are having a bad day...Praying for you!

It's the craziest disease I've ever heard of..... Same here. I had been doing great. Yesterday I woke up with the "hit by a truck fatigue"... All I can think is "What did I do to bring it on?" and answer is who knows? It could be anything or nothing.... it's just how POTS manifests itself. So frustrating! Today the fatigue is much better. Loss of control ( preventing a flare) is SO frustrating!