Introduction

MarkA

Hi my name is Mark and I am new to the group and do not fit the typical POTS profile. I am 54 years old and suspect I have had POTS all my life. I was just diagnosed last year after the sudden onset of rapid pulse and elevated blood pressure. I was lucky to find a good Cardiologist who listened and looked for everything and sent me to have a tilt table test. I passed out needless to say. I have always gotten lightheaded and dizzy upon standing and when getting shots or blod draws. I got referred to a really great Dr. at the OSU Ross Heart Hospital who has POTS experience and too his training at Vanderbilt. Dr. Rhodes has helped me get back in sync and manage my symptoms. I have learned a ton from this site and hope to learn lots more.

Welcome, Mark! Glad to meet you, sorry you have POTS.

It's great you have a clear diagnosis and a doctor who is helping you. Blessings, that's for sure in the midst of this condition.

I'm assuming you live in Columbus, Ohio? I live in Lima. My son lives in Columbus and my daughter works there.

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you. Hope you continue to do well and feel better soon.

Lindajoy

Hi Mark, glad you found this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people around here to help answer questions, so please feel free to ask what ever you need to know! What I personally found helpful was to know that I wasn't alone which in itself was so comforting. To know that others understand you know?!

Welcome to the forum Mark! Congrats on finding a doctor who is knowledgeable in POTS. This is the best forum for expertise on everything from soup to nuts on Dysautonomia. I live in Northeast Ohio and see doctors at the Cleveland Clinic. We are blessed in Ohio to have quite a few doctors that are knowledgeable about what we have. Hugs to you.