New Symptoms? What To Think?

Happy Mother's Day weekend!!!!

I have had variations of these symptoms over the last year- vision and hearing problems. I would always get lots of ear ringing. VERY rare that my ears are not ringing . So when I have syncope/ near syncope

I would have loud but normal ears ringing, tinnitus. When I dont I even have syncope or even just lying down, I'm having a new symptom- ringing and a new buzzing sound- that almost sounds like an electronic buzzing, and it goes back and forth around my head. The buzzing isnt painful just distracting , annoying, and actually quite frightening for some reason

The next issue is vision, I have always had some blurry vision, and double vision late UN the day. Now the double vision is 24/7? Whenver I look at a computer screen or phone it takes me 3-4x and I'm not exagerrating-- to text, email or Facebook. I will often get so tired when I'm trying to type I fall asleep. It is like my eyes are triggered by typing, so I have blurry vision double vision,

Yes to ringing - it's been with me from the start and in the past year or so I've also developed the weird buzzing... more like a vibration. It comes in episodes, where I'll have it for a few days and then it goes away. There's a sound, but also the feeling of a timed vibration.. like every few seconds or so. At first I thought it was something outside, like the hum from some machine and then I realized, no it's coming from inside my head! I also have the visual problems, but not actual double vision. More like trying to see from behind a veil and it does get worse the more I try to use my eyes, like while reading. If you're having double vision, I'm assuming you've had an MRI of the brain and opthamology testing? My son was having double vision last year, but it seems to be better now that he has glasses.

Thanks Naomi... I just had an MRI but never any eye testing. Should yay be next? The buzzing is driving me absolutely nutty!!!! It is not in my in my ears either its my head, with this weird humming sound that goes back and forth. The ear rearing is all the time and sometimes I have them together. SO annoying. I'm amazed at how loud it can get and I haven't even found a name for it!!!!

My vision issues change constantly. Thats why I get so many typos.double blurry. Jumping around, pupils. When I called my neuro he said to start at the lowers level eye doctor??? Okay???? So I'm going to Walmart or something tomorrow (not to insult anyone who works there...I just thought I may not need an appt if they are open on Sun which I doubt they are. Maybe LensCrafters or something in the maall). These issues with my constant dizziness, syncope, per- syncope-and the other other symptoms I forgot mention. I wonder ( but really hope you don't) if you have them... My tremors, shakiness, trembling, jerks... And it's especially worse in my legs when I'm sitting for some reason. But the other day my 9 year old daughter tried to hand me my phone ands my hand started shaking then clenching and had no use of my hand, that the first time that has happensbut all these new symptoms are just so scary. Even my diagnosis, like P.O.TS. Is like WHAT?!?!?!?! It just autoimmune autonomic dysfunction neuropathy. It's all so confusing.

Good luck with & your family.

Jen

Jen,

I get odd noises in that seem to originate from my head when I move my head in certain positions, I also get pulsating tintinus (sp?) as a constant background sound. As for the twitching and jerking I have Myoclonus Dystonia (linked to my families EDS presentation) which is always more noticeable when my ANS stuff is playing up more. Now for the loose of hand function you may find that in links in with your leg issues! have you had issues with your neck lately?

Anyway as these symptoms are new for you you really need to see a Dr. no point trying to guess at it too long as you will probably work yourself up no end with worry, as most of us have no doubt done before.

I suggest finding and ENT who knows about autonomic dysfunction, and a neuro-opthamologist. I have lots of weird symptoms in my ears and head, but they just attribute it to autonomic dysfunction. I would suggest that you have the testing done, if you haven't already, especially, for Meniere's Disease. I have had a lot of trouble with crossing eyes, unequal pupils and dilation, too, so my next stop is the neuro-opthamologist. I need to get a good recommendation from my neurologist first. Even with a recent eye appointment, I still have blurred vision in my right eye, as if I don't even have my glasses or contacts in....it waxes and wanes. I would suggest making sure your vision is the best it can be on the day of your appointment.

Thanks all!!!! The vision is unbearable for me... But the "buzzing" I guess in my ears to accompany the ringing is about the mist annoying thing ever, I wish I could describe it but the buzzing sound has this electric sound so almost like power wires???

I worry about my visual changes, though. I know it doesn't do any good but it's hard not to at times.

Jen