Clonidine: Anyone Get Major Gi Symptoms?

Hi, everyone.

Those of you who tried Clonidine, did you develop severe GI problems? At first, I noticed some pretty good stomach and gut muscle spasms when I'd eat. Now, I feel like I have pancreatitis (I suffer with chronic), but I have no diarrhea, nausea, fever, or glucose problems, so I think that's out. Also, I've read that clonidine is actually used to treat pancreatitis (the patch, like what I'm on).

I have gut pain and burning, pain in my lower back, and I just feel burny in those areas.

Every time I eat, I feel miserable GI-wise. Anyone else on this?

If you had this problem, were you able to work through it? Did it eventually subside? What did you take for it?

Thanks.

Lindajoy

I don't think there are a whole lot of people on it Linda. I'm trying to be on it. It really helps my tacky and wild surges. The biggest problem I'm having with it is edema and dizziness and it makes me really sleepy. I decided I could deal with being lethargic and the dizziness - but the edema is a little scary. I have EDS too and I think part of the problem is with my veins in general. So, not knowing if there is some way to counter-act this side effect. I hope there is. It's the first med that I've been pretty good with that really helps the tacky issues. It may not be going to work for me though - may be too dilating for my already bad veins. I can't take any smaller dose - taking 1/4 pill 3X day. If, I do less when it starts to wear off the tacky is really bad. It's got my bp lowered down into almost normal range now too.

Issie

• 6 months later...