What Time Of Day Do You Take Losartan?

Lenna

My son has been taking 25 mg. of Losartan in the mornings. He's thinking about taking adding a small dose at bedtime. He hopes this may make it easier to wake up and feel less sick in the morning. He tried this once before but there were other things going on, so it was an unsuccessful trial. For those of you who benefit from Losartan, could you please share info about the dose and the time of day that you take it?

Thanks.

Lenna

Believe me, I've tried that route! Dr. Stewart is very reticent about giving out suggestions regarding Losartan. In response to my emails, he'd only say that "it has shown to be of benefit to some POTS patients" but would not discuss dosage suggestions, nor would he agree to see my son or even have a phone conversation with me. He was initially willing to do a consultation but when he learned who my son's doctor is (another researcher), his attitude completely changed. Ah well.

I've been on Losartan for years, maybe 12 years. I've never had an side effects from it. I'm on the highest dose now, too. It is time released, so the dosage is the same for 24 hours whenever you take it. Is he taking anything else that could be causing him problems? I started out with hypertension, was on an ACE inhibitor, and after a few years had angioedema, so then my doctor switched me to Micardis/Losartan. This was before I was diagnosed with Dysautonomia. I usually take it after breakfast in the morning and I take my beta blocker at night, so I won't be to fatigued in the morning, but to be honest, I'm nauseated more in the morning, too, but I believe it's the dysautonomia. It's just a part of the disorder....Sorry :(