Anyone Else With Hemifacial Spasm???

My newest symptom.

My PCP just classified it as HemiFacial Spasm.

I always had eye twitching. Now it's moving down and pulling my mouth to the side. So terribly annoying and scarey.

So... part of SFN, Autonomic Neuropathy??? Or something else entirely.

He said Gabapentin should help when I start it after I get some labs back.

Also said we could try Depakote.....anyone else on this???

Linz,

I have bad eyelid twitching. I also develop a droop to the right side of my face when I get a migraine (from my eye brow down to my chin.) I also experience fluttering in my ear drum which the ENT says is equivalent to an eye twitch. It all started with all my other symptoms 4 1/2 years ago. I don't really know why or have a name for it.

I do take Depakote (well, the generic, Divalproex) as a profilactic for my migraines as they are severe and frequent. The Depakote has been my wonder drug for the migraines. I went from 3-4 severe migraines a week (and some lasted several days) to 1 -2 a month that are much less severe. I do not have any side effects from it (we had tried Topomax before this and it made me extremely ill with POTSy symptoms.) One thing my neuro made sure of before he started me on the Depakote though...are you in any way possibly going to get pregnant while taking it? He said he will not put women on it if there is a chance of pregnancy because of the high risk of birth defects. He also warned me if my circumstances change and I may decide to try to have children, I need to tell him so we can take me off the Depakote and find an alternative.

I also took Gabapentin at the beginning of my illness, and , although it did not help my symptoms, I also didn't have any side effects from it.