Think Potsy Thoughts For Me!!

hholmes13

So I go tomorrow to get my autonomic screening done again. (I think it's a QSART, valsalva maneuver, and a short TTT). I really want my body to act as goofy as it has been lately and really show what is going on now! I think there's a good chance of it since I can't take my meds. I also stayed away from salt today and am planning on not eating or drinking anything before the test. Please send some POTsy thoughts my way so my body shows what happens when I'm home and I can finally get a proper diagnosis!! I know I won't be appreciating how I feel afterward if that happens, but I know it will make things better in the long run. :)

On a related note...thankful that I thought to double check about medications and the test. The secretary that scheduled the appointment told me I should keep taking my meds for it. I thought that was strange since a beta blocker and midodrine will definitely alter the TTT results. Sure enough when the nurse checked with my doc today, he said I should skip the doses for tomorrow morning. I'm so glad I checked because it would've been a huge waste of time! That was a good reminder of how we really need to advocate for ourselves.

Thanks for the thoughts! Well, I feel miserable now. I actually had to skip work today. I didn't pass out (it was only a 10 min ttt) but definitely felt symptomatic. My bp stayed pretty high for me through the whole time I was upright (around 130/96). At home I usually get readings of 110/70 standing and that's with meds. My heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest. I think weird stuff was happening because the tech kept looking at the other one and seemed confused. Then at the end she had me raise my arm over my head and then did another bp reading and then shot a glance at the girl. After leaving I was so disoriented I thought I was going to throw up and had to sit down a few times just to get out of Mayo. I just hope something actually shows up this time. I have been so miserable the past 2 months, I really just want to get some answers and an official diagnosis!