Question For Women With Pots

jpjd59

Ok, I know this is a strange question, but does anyone else get severe stomach/chest pain after eating when they are on their period? My daughter is literally doubled up, in tears, once a month for a few days (different than just regular cramps). It seems to go in waves and be worse after eating.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I've had something like this but don't recall that it was necessarily related to my cycle. It ended up being esophageal spasms which were **** to get thru. It felt like labor contractions in my chest. (Not that your daughter can relate to that analogy but that's what it felt like to me.) Definitely had me doubled over with waves of pain.

Is hers more lower abdomen or upper abdomen and chest?

Unfortunately I never really found anything that helped a lot when I had them. They tried some different smooth muscle relaxant drugs (hyomax, bentyl) which may have helped a bit.

For me I think they were more related to possible mast cell issues because since I've been taking H1 and H2 blockers, I've not had any more episodes.

Is it possible that the blood lose from her period may be contributing to even less blood flow in general thus leading to muscle cramps?! Eating draws the blood to the stomach so maybe these points together lead to this problem. Just guessing hope you find out what is going on soon.

for stomach cramping i use bentyl. it makes me a lil dissy and light headed but its much better then being in so much pain.

birth controle can definantly play a huge roll in our condition. i benifit from birth controle (nuva ring) because it shortens my periods to 2 light days. 1 heavy day. and 2 light days, i only get effected ONE day during my period if that..

if it is because of blood loss, you might want to have her increase her magnesium and potassium and b12 (riboflavin).

there is this smoothy like fruit drink called ODWALLA, its over in the produce section. or if you dont have it in your area you could look for other premium fruit smoothy drinks. in my opinion odwalla super food (the green one) helps alot with any type of imbalance due to low blood pressure or low blood volume. she may just have a deficiency while on her period because of loss of blood.

Edited by corina
medical advice