Abdominal Compression -- Suggestions?

For those who have used abdominal compression (Rama, Issie and I think a few others), can you give me some recommendations for type and brand? My bp has taken a slight turn for the worse since I reduced my dose of Florinef (from .075 to .05) and I'm now *just* in the 100 range and starting to see some 90s (grrr). I did get symptomatic on Saturday while up and around with the kids.

My doc assures me that my adrenals will recover and that my bp will go up again, but I'd like to reduce symptoms as much as I can in the meantime to make sure I am somewhat functional -- increasing my salt and fluid, but also thinking of adding an abdominal compression after seeing a lot of comments by folks that it is really helpful. Suggestions???

Best thing I found was a neoprene binder from Ross in the athletic dept. It moves with you and stays put. But, I wear a tank under it because it causes a rash otherwise - sensitive skin. I also have a long leg - high waist toner from Terri Toner to wear under dresses. She used to sell on HSN but, they don't carry it any more - I don't think. It's sort of like a Spanks - but, better - I think. There are also similiar ones by Barely There - discounts at One Hanes Place. Over-all, I think I wear the neoprene one the most.

Issie

One thing to watch out for - if you're a super hippy woman (not tie-dye, just big hips and rear :^), make sure not to get a unisex binder. I got one, and consequently had to velcro it in a kind of diagonal thing to make it fit; end result was severe nausea and worsening of my mild quasi-gastroparesis. But I just ordered some women's compression running shorts from REI, we'll see how those go. At least they can be returned if they don't work (hence why I ordered 3 different pairs!).

I've been using several different types of the "shape wear" that you can find just about anywhere these days. (kind of like spanx). Have gotten several from Ross and Marshalls. They seem to help but with the heat rising, I'm thinking I won't be able to use them much in the summer.

Really liked the ones I ordered from Medico International and they fit well, seemed to be well made, and were reasonable. I'm returning them though, for two reasons: (1) tried them for two days and didn't seem to do bupkiss for how I felt; and (2) my Cardio suggested that the abdominal binder might make me WORSE by making it harder for the blood to return to my heart. Hmmmmmm.........