For Those Who've Tried Cooling Vests

I know the question has been asked before but I didn't know if anybody has tried these (I don't want the one that works by evaporation), I would really appreciate if you might be able to share your experience/brand/where you purchased it (some of the links on older posts aren't available). I may need to walk DSs dog this summer (hot and humid summers here). I thought perhaps I could use this to be able to walk the dog. I've got a sling to carry water bottle. There is not much shade around our neighborhood. Thanks to all who can help.

Thank you, thankful.

I decided to try the stacool vest (not endorsing or promoting any brand specifically. I've never used one.). It comes with a set of extra packs, zips up and they helped me determine the appropriate size for me. Sure hope it helps so I can walk the dog and be outside to enjoy watching the grandchildren play. Summer just scares me so. I'd never heard of cooling vests until I'd found this group. Thank you all.

i've just bought one from ebay.... it was an international seller so i expect they can ship them all over the world. its one made my techkewl.

they're still selling it on ebay from a seller called 'chromeworkscycle' and the name of the item is '

Outdoor Phase Change Cooling Vest'. i'm not sure if we're allowed to post links to sites that sell stuff so i thought it best to mention the name etc in case the link gets removed, the link is

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140576931438?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_891wt_905

i get heat stroke several times every summer (and spring/autumn if its warm) and this is the 1st year that i've seen a cooling vest that's at a reasonable price to pay, without expensive import taxes etc as its over ebay. soooo excited and want mine to arrive NOW! lol!

:lol:

fi

i've just bought one from ebay.... it was an international seller so i expect they can ship them all over the world. its one made my techkewl.

they're still selling it on ebay from a seller called 'chromeworkscycle' and the name of the item is '

Outdoor Phase Change Cooling Vest'. i'm not sure if we're allowed to post links to sites that sell stuff so i thought it best to mention the name etc in case the link gets removed, the link is

http://www.ebay.co.u...49#ht_891wt_905

i get heat stroke several times every summer (and spring/autumn if its warm) and this is the 1st year that i've seen a cooling vest that's at a reasonable price to pay, without expensive import taxes etc as its over ebay. soooo excited and want mine to arrive NOW! lol!

:lol:

fi

I hope it helps you! Summer scares me to death after last year, before learning what was happening to me. I am trying the one I mentioned. They all seem expensive to me but the one I chose was more of a sewn vest (not velcro-ed that sometimes wears and tears and did come with an extra set of packs which are also very pricey). I'm so optimistic that I can at least try to take the dog for a short walk when he's here (DS's dog) or go outside to watch the grandkids play, still sitting under shade tree. If it works, I may try it to go to supermarket (had episode there on Tuesday when it was only warm--not hot at all outside). I suppose that component is coming from being erect for too long a time and the blood pooling that comes with reaching things on high shelves and bending to look at things on low shelves. Doubt that any vest is going to help that but creating a vasoconstrictive action from the start may slow down the pooling. We shall see. I also got a soft helmet (off the auction site you'd mentioned) if all else fails.

Sending good wishes your way for a safe summer.