Thank You

Hello everyone!!!

These past five or so weeks have been the most difficult of my life. I was thrown into a whirlwind of confusion and sickness all at once. I came upon this wonderful site and the wonderful people that make it up and was overwhelmed with encouragement and knowledge!!! I am so thankful to have found this site!!!

However, I must confess, reading some of the posts and stories from others made me very afraid and anxious. My condition is not one that has left me bed ridden, I am able to function aside from my bad days (which are still not debilitating). I began to read more and more of your stories and I began to worry more and more of what is to come and would I get worse. My already anxious mind sent my normally very happy, optimistic mind into a very dark depression. I had to take a few days off DINET and rethink everything I was doing. I had been prescribed a beta blocker about a year ago and lexapro about 5 weeks ago. I had an appointment with my doctor three days ago and explained to him how I was feeling and he advised me to stop taking my beta blocker (it can cause depression) and to only use it as needed and to discontinue the lexapro. Since stopping both of those medications I have begin to feel like my old self again!!! Praise God!!!

Since my form of POTS is a very mild form my husband and I have decide to treat it as naturally as possible. With increase of fluids, salt, exercise, and adding in some supplements such as a whole food vitamin, arctic cod liver fish oil, digestive enzymes, an probiotics. I will be visiting the auto immune disorder center here in Alabama very soon just to rule out all other secondary causes of POTS. And, I will keep you guys posted!!!

I am praying for you all and I am so thankful to have found you!!! You have helped me in so many ways!!! This disorder can be so scary, especially when you're uncertain of what is going on. That was me. And now I have knowledge and am on my way to a diagnosis!!!

Thank you again!!!

Mandy

Mandy:

I'm so happy you are feeling better since going off the meds. My daughter also had to go off beta blockers and fludrocortisone because of severe depression that they caused.

I certainly understand the confusion that this horrible illness causes. Everyone is different and what works for one person will not necessarily work for another. The important thing is to find out what works for you.

We also are trying the more natural way instead of meds since my daughter has been unable to tolerate the meds and they make her feel worse. She is trying to get as much salt as she can, drinking as much liquid as she can, getting monthly B12 shots, and starting a very slow cardiac exercise program. She went to a doctor that specializes in acupuncture and chinese medicine. He didn't think that acupuncture would help her but he started her on magnesium. I can't say that we have noticed a difference but at least no negative side effects! The neurologist that she saw also wants her to start taking iron tablets so I guess that will be the next step.

Good luck at the autoimmune center in Alabama!!!

Pam

Mandy,

I'm glad you are feeling better...My vitamin D level was low, so now I am on 4,000 I.U. for a month, then 2000 I.U. for maintenance. I can already tell a difference in my energy level, so you may want to have the doctor check your blood levels for that, as well :) . My B12 levels are normal. Everyone is different. You eventually may want to try another beta blocker with a doctor's order, of course; they are not all alike. Some are short acting, and some are long acting...it makes a difference, too!! I was on one that made me cry at choir practice, when I wasn't even sad, and my heart rate and B/P were too low, too; but now I'm on a longer acting one, Bystolic, that works well for me. Hugs, Kim

Mandy ~

When I was first dxed back in 07, I peeked in for months and thought someone had been looking through my windows and writing about me ~ I was scared, very scared! @ that time I was my doctor's worst case, I think he's told me I'm his 2nd now~ Looking back it took me about a whole year before I first posted ~ YEAH, I remember clearly I could not figure out how to use such a complicated forum compared to all the others I knew ~ lol I was thinking we have brain fog and this was the most complicated control panel ~ My posts were a mess ~ I was blushing on top of flushing and I was finally here all alone screaming for H E L P!!!!! No one answered ~ I'm sure they thought I was nuts ~

People were so nice they, NUTS OR NOT, pretended not to notice MY messed up posts :unsure: ~ I was asking for H E L P ~ Now I Hope I give help, as well as get help ~ Everyone's has to do what is BEST for them. I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST ~

HUGS,

Bellamia~ I love it here :wub: