Provigil For Fatigue

bellgirl

My neurologist is putting me on provigil for fatigue after checking with my ANS doctor. I may have to have my beta blocker increased to balance everything. We'll see...Is anyone else on this medication? How did it work for you? I won't get the prescription until next week, since he is now out of town, but I'll keep you posted :) Joy, Kim

if (any of) you are interested in reading this article:

Preliminary Observations Suggesting That Treatment With Modafinil Improves Fatigue in

Patients With Orthostatic Intolerance

Khalil Kanjwal, MD, Bilal Saeed, MD, Beverly Karabin, PhD,

Yousuf Kanjwal, MD, and Blair P. Grubb, MD*

feel free to pm me and i'll email it.

From what I understand it is usually given to patients for narcolepsy, but my neurologist prescribes it for fatigue for MS patients and has had great success with it. Alot of my symptoms mimic MS and my ANS doctor was all for it, and says they use it for dysautonomia with good results, as well, and she was willing to have me try it even if she had to increase my beta blocker just a bit, to improve my energy level and quality of life...thanks for your posts, and Corina for the article. I will look it up! Just curious if anyone had tried it. Sorry Thankful, that it didn't work well for you...we'll see. I'm willing to try it...can always take myself off of it. Right now my insurance is good...I hate being on meds, but so far, they have helped me so much. I'll let you know what happens...Thanks again :)

It is also used for patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, depression, anxiety and irritability...I have sleep apnea, so maybe it will help with this, too!