Octreotide Lar Is That Expensive! Oh Dear...

Oh, okay - just wondered - thought you might just be independently wealthy. LOL :) (you know I'm joking with you, right?) I mean you've been off work for 2 months or more now - so, just thinking. :) But, really on a serious note - if it would work - I bet we'd sell something to try it for a few months. I don't know about you - but, I'm starting to be in the desperate mode - right this very minute.

Issie

my insurance covers it (so far). in europe (the netherlands) it costs EUR 1155,= which is USD 1515,= so cheaper than your link mentioned rama, not sure how come but it might be an option to import?

meanwhile my insurance company has recently started to ask questions, i received a lot of paper work to fill in and send back. i can't imagine to have to give up on it. my docs will back me up they said but i'm not sure how things will work out.

I only use it twice a day. Is there a generic for the LAR version. There is a generic for the regular octreotide.

I switched back to the fast acting because of the rise in blood pressure. It would seem as if your insurance covered one, it would cover the other...if your doctor could make a good case.

My doctor actually was able to get the insurance to cover the brand name since the mail order pharmacy was frequently out of the generic.

Goldie

Another option I've wondered about is Lanreotide. It's given subcutaneously but lasts 3 months at a time. It's a somatostatin analogue like octreotide. I don't know if it has the same vasoconstrictive properties. It's pretty new. Also I doubt my insurance would pay for it because there aren't any studies on it for orthostatic issues.