Pots And Dermatology

ken870

I have seen one yearly for many years. I have dysplastic moles (precancerous,) so I have to have a yearly checkup. She doesn't do much for my POTS, but she takes my questions seriously and doesn't blow me off like other docs have. She also knows that I do not react well to adhesives and has investigated several unusual skin reactions that I have had!

ken,

Interesting question. I do have all kinds of dermatologic things (none that are really serious, i.e. extremely dry skin, allergic rx's to lotions, random hives) that started/got worse with the onset of POTS but I haven't seen a dermatologist for it. Mostly because they just haven't been my most pressing issues.

I did take your description of your issues the same way jangle did...thinking that what you describe is more of a muscular knot/soreness from muscle tension type issue. If that's the case, then I agree with jangle that an osteopath or a chiropractor may also be able to offer you some help. Are we misinterpretting that?

Hope you find some relief,

Katie

Ken,

If that's what your PCP wants you to do and why, can't see any harm in going to the dermatologist. I try to do what the docs tell me (as long as I don't question the safety factor) so they can't say I don't listen to them, etc. Plus, I feel like you just never know which doc might have the magic answer.