For Those On Ssi

Darlene

thinking about applying for ssi. i own nothing but 2 cars... the blazer is worth about $4000 and the sunfire is worth about $6,500. I have about $375 in the bank. Would this disqualify me? I have a friend who owns a jeep, and this did not count against her. i am thinking of giving the blazer to my daughter.

also my daughter will be 18 in april, but will still be in high school the rest of this year and next year. would i receive extra income for having a child?

and also, how does back pay work. from the time i applied or when i became disabled? I was dx in 2005, although I was disable before then. I did work some in 2010 and 2011, making approximately $6000 for 2010 and maybe $5000 for 2005. I want to work, but it's difficult when you have bad days. some days i feel good, some days i don't. it's unpredictable.

I haven't worked for a year.

I just talked to a guy from ssi, he said the 2 cars won't count against me. he says about they look at the money in the bank. you have to have less then $2000. I forgot to ask him how the back pay works though, and if you have children