Hr All Over The Place.

jangle

These past few weeks I've noticed a decline in my standing hr. But that's only a general trend. Im getting days where its back up to 125 and then down at 78 a few days later.

This illness is so weird. I don't understand. Im not doing anything different if anything im increasing exercise.

it is weird jangle. even within the same day my heartrate can be fine and then suddenly drops in a few hours time. i recently felt really really tired so wanted to check on bp and hr. as my bp monitor is upstairs i climbed the stairs and started measuring. bp was a little on the low side and heartrate was low 50. while i just climbed the stairs, that didn't make much sense to me. sorry you're struggling!

Same thing happens to me regularly. I really have no idea when I wake up in the morning what my heart rate is going to be like that day. Sometimes my standing heart rate will be in the 70's but I will still feel short of beeath and dizzy which doesn't make sense.

Julie, i agree, i get symptoms without the fast heart rate too. Even without the tachycardia, i still have pots. Jangle, it sounds like the general trend of decreasing hr, is at least a good thing. But i think many of us feel this way, its unstable, and its frustrating. :( I do remember that when i first started exercising (more like just pushing to stay up on my feet) that the tachy would be worse for the next few days.

Jangle, this is just the nature of this illness, unfortunately, and as lemons said, I don't even have to be tachycardic to be symptomatic. I kept thinking that the beta blocker would solve all my problems. Most of the time it does keep my heart rate down, but when I'm exercising it can still go up and down, at night my blood pressure tends to be a little low, and when I wake up, I will get adrenaline surges, so this is not an exact science...I have GI issues too, that seem to be associated but then catch me off guard. I am definitely more symptomatic all around when I am dizzy, and I can't take a lot of motion, especially in the car, so I avoid doing too much in one day. If I can do one thing a day, I'm doing well :)

Since I've started exercising I've noticed that I can still have less symptoms even when my HR is in the 100s+, and the 90s feel about the same as the low 100s to high 80s. But when my HR was in the low 80s to high 70s I've always felt really good. Like remission from POTS good. Unfortunately I haven't gotten those to last yet.

I'm having so much trouble with this as well. I've had days where my sitting HR won't go below the 90's, with standing pushing it to almost 130. I've had mornings where it'll be 110-120 sitting, with only a minimal rise upon standing. I've had other days recently where in the mornings, my standing HR only makes it to the upper 80's/low 90's, with only mild tachy in the evening.

Heck - just late last night I was borderline bradycardic, which triggered a lovely mini panic attack that boosted my HR to 100.

Right now? 110. :P

It's especially irritating since my EP (who's treated hundreds of OI patients) is starting to doubt if I have full-blown POTS. I seem to have more days that suggest I don't... But then what about the days that do? :wacko:

I'm having so much trouble with this as well. I've had days where my sitting HR won't go below the 90's, with standing pushing it to almost 130. I've had mornings where it'll be 110-120 sitting, with only a minimal rise upon standing. I've had other days recently where in the mornings, my standing HR only makes it to the upper 80's/low 90's, with only mild tachy in the evening.

Heck - just late last night I was borderline bradycardic, which triggered a lovely mini panic attack that boosted my HR to 100.

Right now? 110. :P

It's especially irritating since my EP (who's treated hundreds of OI patients) is starting to doubt if I have full-blown POTS. I seem to have more days that suggest I don't... But then what about the days that do? :wacko:

I love that!i also have nights where I will get unexplained bradycardia and it gives me a panic attack too :)

I love that!i also have nights where I will get unexplained bradycardia and it gives me a panic attack too :)

It's funny how your body can get so used to tachycardia that it becomes your "normal"... To the point that an actually normal HR of 63 can freak you out like that. Never thought I'd actually be happy to see 100+, that's for sure! lol