Motility Issues.....

lillybits

i had the barium x ray at mayo but didnt show too much. i drink 4-6 caps of myralax to keep things liquid to move. if i dont then nothing happens other than belly bloat and constipation. Now i am up to 6 caps of myralax and 2 dulcolax tabs to get movement.I eat a high fiber diet and excersize the best i can and still nothing....Colonoscopy showed just mild inflamation and gerd. prep was awful lots of vomiting and needed a couple additional anemas to run claer. what do i do now? My primary said that its all part of the neuropathy in all this. does it ever go away? can it be fixed?

my husband says mabe i built up a tolerance with the myralax and thats why things are getting worse????? I didnt think that was possible seeing as though it just retains water in the stool?

I think gastroparesis and motility issues can vary. I know I could not eat anything solid for 3 months and wondered if it would ever go away but eventually it did and I can eat normally now. I also contracted c.diff at the time so this might have changed my intestinal flora. The doctor told me 6-8 months to recover from gastroparesis but for me it did not take that long. They also did not know why it happened. I know some people get worse though. Eliminating gluten from my diet helped for a while though. I would recommend seeing what foods bother your stomach more than others and refraining from those.

i will try eliminating gluten. i will watch my fiber intake more. I know i have quite a few food intollerances and allergies which i stay far far awayfrom! thank you!