Preparing For New Appts -Anyone Willing To Share Their Test Wish List

martiz

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and thought I would introduce myself. I have been given a diagnosis of POTS but no other information regarding type or cause. I have had ME/CFIDS and Fibro for 12 years and while POTS was probably part of that, it was secondary. As I get older, the POTS is becoming my biggest issue.

I have seen an electrophysiologist and had some autonomic testing done.

I have seen a good endocrinologist and had the basic tests run (TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Vit D, etc). I had a stim test but it was done incorrectly. I have not had renin/aldosterone.

My appt with the endo is on Thursday and my appt with Dr. Levine is mid-March.

Would anyone be willing to share a list of tests that I should push for to be ready for my appt in March with Dr. Levine. Would using the list that lemons2lemonade shared that Dr. Goodwin conducted be a good place to start (as a wish list - I know I won't get the whole list as I am not going to a Mayo doc or even an autonomic center).

Moderator: I hope it's okay that I posted this link here. Trying to make it easier for people to find the post for reference.

http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/19436-initial-tests-ordered-for-me-by-dr-goodman/

I have searched the forum and googled this and I'm a little overwhelmed.

Many thanks for any help offered!

Marti

If I could request specific tests of any kind I would go for:

Angiotensin II serum levels

Assymetric dimethylarginine

MIBG reuptake scan (to measure NE reuptake in the cardiac system)

autoantibody titers to beta 1, 2, alpha 1, 2, musc receptors

But i doubt they would do any except perhaps the top one. Ive had the third one done actually.

At Cleveland the cardio ran a blood volume study and a check of red cell mass. At Mayo and Cleveland they also did the autonomic reflex screening tests including the valsalva, heart rate variability with controlled breathing, Qsart, TTTs, supine and standing catecholamine tests.

With those tests they found (in me) low blood volume, low red cell mass, autonomic neuropathy and high standing norepinephrine (hyper POTS component). Based on those findings, they put me on the current med regimen I'm on.

Hi KatieBug

Thanks! That is just what I needed! I searched for tests and testing but didn't see this one!

I had extensive endocrine testing today to get a baseline - having to start over with my endo as I had not seen her in a couple of years.

Thanks again

Marti