This Information May Tie In.....

McBlonde

The last 8 hours I have been a fabulous moment of reprieve which I am sure won't last much longer. It's the first I have had in almost a year. Anyway.... I am wondering about the mechanisms of this syndrome. Causes dehydration or rather the a problem with reabsorpbsion of electrolytes and minerals..... sorta on the line of recent discussion.....

http://barttersite.org/what-is-gitelmans-syndrome/

It is Issie! For the second day in a row, my mind is absolutely clear (I know it won't last) but while it's clear, I hope to research the above more. Until y'all posted the areas you were researching, I had always thought of the issue in terms of damage (malfunction) to the hypothalmus sending (or not sending) out messages to the receptors......

Feeling better???? What have you done different?

YES! Can you believe it? From in my bed to dancing around last night to Whitney. It's crazy. I haven't felt like this since I got an IV after a syncope episode and that was last April! I have been making a list of what happened the day before.... I'll type it up and post it.

It started Thursday... I felt really bad that day so I had 2 large glasses of V8 putting an extra tsp of salt in each

All that V8 caused me to have diarrhea

So I drank many bottles of Gatorade

I took an Epson salt bath

Friday afternoon I was in a deep sleep when a loud noise woke me with a start

I had continual palpatations and tachycardia

I finally dug out a bottle of my old 5 mg bystollic

Saturday when I woke up I felt great

Feels like high vs low

I can take DEEP breaths which I had only been able to do before if I was at the ocean in high humidity

That heaviness on my chest was completely gone

Have adrenaline surges that causes peeing and hot flashes but I check my HR and it's normal

The heat covers me in a thin layer of sweat

euphoria

teary eyes

CLEAR thought

Like a saline high

The only medicines I am on is Levoxyl and Florinef in the AM and a baby dose of Trazadone at night

I am very realistic. I know that any day I will wake up and it will be gone, but oh my goodness how good it feels to feel "normal" if only for a few days!

Crazy story isn't it? It's never happened before like this since 2003...

I have no idea why.

well, I don't know if I figured it out, but it's the only thing that was different and I can breath deep again. I wonder if it's wheat or glutten or just some additive? I had potato soup out of the can that didn't bother me a bit. So hard to know anything.

I was thinking earlier, when a remission or flare for that matter hits, we go through our minds and think what did I do.... I back track over all the exact steps and yet sometimes, the answers is "I really didn't do anything. It just happen. Again. For the upteenth time.

How are YOU feeling?

Thanks for the great website, McBlonde! I read all of the articles related to magnesium and they were helpful. I have been experimenting with reducing my magnesium supplementation this week and while it did eliminate my diarrhea, it caused a noticeable increase in my PVC's and tachycardia. I'll be mentioning this to my Cardiologist on Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

If I wasn't so undisciplined, I would have updated this thread each day to document! Still moving s l o w l y along. Trying to hold back the Type A personality is hard! Every day I walk a tiny bit farther. The sunshine is GREAT. My husband started out driving me around the neighborhood (One of my big issues is symptoms happening while sitting) I am up to riding for 36 minutes before POW... I feel the blood pooling in my stomach and the nausea starting. If I don't lie back immediately, I get those AWFUL orthostatic headaches with nausea. I can't push through it....and keep riding ( i just throw up and almost pass out if I push it).

My plan is to keep adding a few minutes a day in walking and riding. Question.... I am scared to eat anything other than what I talked about above... Even restricted ... I feel very full fast and sorta bloated, but then oddly enough... hungry again a few hours later... and at that point, I don't know what to eat. Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

So now it's June 17, 4 months later. The "hit by a truck" fatigue that kept me in bed has not come back. I continue to walk every day....from the above 1 lap around the living room to 29 minutes outside every day. BUT, that's it. I still cannot sit up in even a recliner for more than 1 and 1/2 hours... One day I sat for 2 hours and had a relapse the next day. I still can't concentrate so I can't read!!! That's awful considering how isolating POTS is. I am really, really down. This is as good as it gets, I guess. I couldn't even go see my 80 year old dad today for Father's Day. I feel very, very sad and I can't snap out of it, no matter how hard I try. I don't understand the 2 side effects I had from Midodrine (couldn't read at all when on it & then position vertigo started)... The Midodrine worked perfectly other than those 2 side effects that make it impossible. I don't know what is "Like" Midodrine, but without the side effects. I just don't know what to do any more.