Numbness

Allene

It started a little over a year ago, along with my other symptoms. If I sat still too long, my toes would go numb.

It's steadily gotten worse. Now I wake up 8-10 times a night because one or both of my arms have gone numb. My entire leg will go numb just sitting for five minutes. I have a hard time in class because I'm required to sit in a desk for 50 minutes. For now, just moving my arms from the desk to my lap and crossing my legs relieves the numbness, but I'm worried that it will continue to get worse.

Does this happen to anyone? What can be done about it?

I get numbness, for me, it is related to lack of blood circulation to the area. Not quite the same as having your leg "fall asleep" because you were sitting on it (pre-pots) the sensation isn't the same, but the cause is, for me anyway. I move and fidget constantly, especially while sitting if I am having one of those days.

Laying down or sleeping, I sleep on my stomach with my arms tucked up near or under me rather than "hanging" down by my sides. Mine tends to take slightly longer to kick in though.

Yes I get this too, I have three toes that are pretty much numb all of the time but the rest go numb too sometimes. My arms go numb if i raise them over my head. Sometimes when I'm asleep I accidentally have an arm over my head and I will wake up and it will be so numb that I can't move it. I just thought it was the wonders of being me. lol