Angiotensin Ii And Its Effect On Water/saline

jangle

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In POTS there is often vagal withdrawal rather than activation.

My sister who has CFS has looked into having a vagal nerve stimulator put in. It's one of the treatments being tried for that. She decided not to at this time. But, interesting that there is that connection with POTS too,

Perhaps aldosterone secretion is mediated by the parasympathetic nervous system. Therefore a faulty pns would create the environment of low aldosterone.

I believe that indeed the faulty pns is due to high angiotensin ii levels and that correcting that should ne the focus of treatment. Maybe it isn't a compensatory mechanism to low aldosterone.

It would be interesting to find out if these two statements could be confirmed. I'd love to know where the high angiotension levels come from if it's not in the kidney axis and if the pns is the cause of low aldosterone.

Issie

• 4 months later...

A little research into spiralactone shows that it lowers testerone and could potentially imbalance your hormones. There are also some new warnings out that it is causing breast cancer - particularly in men. Although, some of the sites I went on says some women are connecting it to their cancer also. Some studies showing increased tumors also.

I don't know if it is a mast cell degranulator - but, I did an experiment last night - which went really bad. I tried one - because of the terrible edema I've been having and I was up all night really sick. I took all my mast cell things and still feel bad this morning. It really did make me pee a whole lot and my edema is better and my high blood pressure is down. But, I feel awful. I hurt in my back where my kidneys are and feel tight in my throat and chest. Scared to try it again. So, on to the next experiment and chalk this one up to a bad idea. I don't know if this reaction was connected to the fact that my aldosterone levels are already too low and it lowered it more or whether it was due to a mast cell reaction. Could have just been a coincidence. But, with the new warnings on the meds and how I felt - not really wanting to go there again.

Just thought I'd put what experience I had with it here. For me, bad experiment. Getting more pieces of my puzzle figured out though. :)

Issie