New Apartment- Hope It Helps My Pots

RichGotsPots

My POTS came back about a month after I moved to a new apartment. I think it was the triggers for my 2nd major flare. I read one story on Dinet.org where a girl was triggered by a new move as well. Has anyone else had this? If so have you been helped by a moved from the trigger apartment?

At the very least it's on the 1st floor and I'm no longer trapped on the third floor, yay! :)

Rich, congrats on the new place. I think it's the stress of the move which might do it. I remember lOoking at some psychology research and after death of a spouse moving house was the next most stressful life event!

I move myself to a new place in central London ground floor in a few weeks. Not sure how the nOise will effect the ANS!

I posted a long time ago about a stressful situation and an apartment that I was allergic to (turns out the carpet padding had dry rot and the anti-flammable chemicals they treat that stuff with were setting me off-- plus I later discovered mold in the AC vents). The combo of the two caused a very big flare and I was probably the sickest I have ever been-- and it lasted for months after I left said apartment.

I posted a long time ago about a stressful situation and an apartment that I was allergic to (turns out the carpet padding had dry rot and the anti-flammable chemicals they treat that stuff with were setting me off-- plus I later discovered mold in the AC vents). The combo of the two caused a very big flare and I was probably the sickest I have ever been-- and it lasted for months after I left said apartment.

I don't think it is the stress, but my girlfriend also got sick at that apartment and she moved in much later after me. She got asthma she hadn't had for 10 years...

But after you left and got better did you ever have a flare like that again?

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping that our move to our new apartment two years ago would make life easier for me as it was much more central to eveything and life was difficult because I odn't have a car to get places. But it's incredibly noisy -- traffic, people etc and I'm really starting to feel strung out in the potsie-tired-but-wired way. I spend a lot of time feeling like the noise is actually painful. (It's definately painful when I have a migraine too, but I"m talking about that sensitivity to noise some potsies have which feels painful). After 2 years here I have decided we have to move. I'm just trying to get up the energy to rent out our apartment, look for a new one for us to rent and do the actual move.

I was hoping that our move to our new apartment two years ago would make life easier for me as it was much more central to eveything and life was difficult because I odn't have a car to get places. But it's incredibly noisy -- traffic, people etc and I'm really starting to feel strung out in the potsie-tired-but-wired way. I spend a lot of time feeling like the noise is actually painful. (It's definately painful when I have a migraine too, but I"m talking about that sensitivity to noise some potsies have which feels painful). After 2 years here I have decided we have to move. I'm just trying to get up the energy to rent out our apartment, look for a new one for us to rent and do the actual move.

Good luck! I have the same noise sensitivities. I used to love loud music, concerts and lived in the city. Now I cherish peace and quiet..