"half-Faint"

Alyssa

I'm going to try to explain this as best I can without sounding ridiculous.

As I've mentioned before, I'm in the "frequent fainters" club - in other words, I'm one of the ones that faints out of nowhere several times per day (upwards 30).

I've gotten used to it -for lack of better words- and at this point I know exactly what's going on when I wake up and tend to just laugh it off.

Every now and then, I'll full out collapse, stay conscious, but be unable to make myself do anything to prevent the fall. I've been known to laugh if someone catches me while I go down or even when I hit the ground. Not because it's funny, more because I feel awkward and it's out of nervousness. Once I'm lying flat, I can get back up. I'm dizzy, but I never lost consciousness, so it's not exactly the same feeling.

Does this make any sense? I call it my half-faint. Feel like I'm going to faint, body goes limp, aware of what's going on, fall, laugh, get back up again.

I think these are the ones that really catch people off guard and make some of the people that don't really know me doubt if it's real or not - likely because I'm laughing afterwards. I can't help it, I've always been one to laugh at everything.