It was MY turn!!!

Guest Mary from OH

Guest Mary from OH

I got the pleasure (actually displeasure) of getting Marissa's virus!! Now I FULLY understand why she ended up in the ER!!!! :lol::):)

I was sicker than a dog for about 18 hrs. Thank GOD it was "short lived". I'm still not "up to par", but at least I don't feel like I'm dying or living in the bathroom!! My husband "managed" to take her to school yesterday. THAT was his contribution. Yippee!! I had to somehow drive down to the busstop at 11:45 and get her. I tried to call ANY of my neighbors to get her. NOONE was home!!! I almost cried! :huh::(

I just kept drinking and drinking and praying and praying. And, I made it!! I still feel somewhat dead and the thought of food :lol:

But, I am woman (mommy), hear me roar!!! And, my other personal favorite, this too shall pass! Unfortunately in this case, all too true!!

Hope everyone is doing all right..

PS- Marissa appears to be doing much better and returning to her "normal" self. Still complaining her belly hurts, but that's pretty normal.

Guest tearose

Oh, this is the bad news...you are yucky and sick! :o

This is the good news...you taught your daughter to share! :(

Hope it goes away fast Mary!

Glad to hear Marissa is holding in a steady place right now. :)

wishing you better days soon, tearose

Guest Mary from OH

Yes, somehow I survived!! I thought for sure I'd be in a POTshole for at least a week!! I was so sick, I thought I'd die!! It reminded me of about 8 years ago or so when I was so sick with POTS (not knowing that's what it was of course) and being so incredibly sick I thought I'd die. I was sitting on the toilet (sorry to be so graphic) thinking that I'd never be able to leave, feeling like I was going to faint, sweating like a pig, having severe abdominal cramps and nausea like you wouldn't believe. I thought I had died and gone to ****. All I could think of was, Poor Marissa!! Now I know what she felt like!!

Interestingly though, mine presented a little differently because of her severe motility problems!

But, I'm definately on the mend! Exhausted, but not dead!! Poor little Marissa has a migraine tonight. We just can't catch a break!!

Love to all!!

I had that same virus - it is awful! So violent that I was sure I had food poisioning and that I was going to have to be taken to the hospital. Between "explosions" all I could think of was what would happen if my husband contracted it (he has NCS) because drinking anything was not an option - one sip and the body revolted. I quarantined myself and fortunately it passed him by. My only suggestion if you get this is to have ice chips and juice pops available to suck on - you'll still "lose" them after about 15 minutes but I felt that the juice pops helped somewhat (make your color selection wisely :( )

Guest tearose

How are you doing Mary and Marissa?

It reminds me of the flu, first you think you're gonna die, than you hope you do!

Are you two improving? Hope the hubby doesn't catch it next!

get well soon, tearose

Guest Mary from OH

Thanks for thinking of us. I think we're both on the mend!! I thought for sure I'd be down longer than I was. But, I think I was too stubborn to be!! But it sure wore me out. It was fast and furious. I still find myself exhausted and not really hungry, but that can be a good thing. Marissa is returning to her "normal" self for the most part. Although, she does seem to be getting a lot more migraines lately. I've got to call her neuro.

I didn't get to go to pottery this week!! :):angry::huh::(

But, there's a chance I may get to go to a make-up class on Friday. I'm crossing my fingers. I only hope I have enough energy! I really need the time away and the "relaxation" time. I hope you're keeping your spirits up too!

Hubby thought he was getting it last night, but seems to be ok.