Lyme's Diagnosis

khrios

I was tested for Lyme's and the test was positive for it and for another tick-borne bug, Babiosa (sp). :lol:

Apparently, they are both common in Sonoma County, CA. It is somewhat frightening knowing that I have had this since at least 2001.

I have to start investigating treatment options. Above all, I want to get better and keep my job... I need the insurance...and I have a college-bound kid.

Ann

Guest tearose

Hi Ann, I am sorry for your dx. Hope you find the BEST Lyme doctor and begin treatment ASAP. I don't know your dysautonomia history but naturally, all your doctors should be on the same page/wavelength for and with you!

Please be very pro-active. Read, verify and get the best treatment plan to help you!

The sooner you get treatment the better your chance to stay happy healthy and not miss any days at work!!!

Best wishes, tearose

Hi Khrios - Lyme and babesia is nothing to fool around with.... Email me if you would like, also try going to www.Lymenet.org

They have a good bulletin board ..lots of info...and can help you find a good LLMD......

Take Care

Oh not sure if my email is posted: jljlc202@aol.com

Ann, wow...I haven't talked with you in a long while, but I think we used to email back and forth a while ago from NDRF, yes? That stinks that you've had this so long without a diagnosis; with treatment, do they think your symptoms will subside?

nina

Yes, Nina, we used to email back when I first became ill in 2001. Then, I started feeling so well, I stopped posting of the forum. But here I am again.

Regarding what the doctor is recommending for treatment, I don't know yet. This doctor is an MD with an alternative bend. He seems a little overzealous in his diagnosis and to jump into treatment.

Before I do anything I am getting a second opinion from an immunologist. That is what I am working on.

The Babesia test was positive. But, I think that just means I have been exposed. I want to make sure I follow the best course of action.

Ann