Hearing trains without the whistle ?

2dizzy4now

I have the strangest things happen to me with this (not so unlike everyone else here) :wacko: Pots has no doubt assisted me in becoming more aware of my health and well being...However some of this is just plain crazy...I hear what sounds to me like a train running on the track..You know, the strange sound along with the vibration? Anyone here have this happen or is Pots just trying to trick me into thinking that I'm nuts...?

Ok...I'll confess..In the early stages I believed that I was nuts , However ...this ear thing that no one else around me can hear...And believe me I get some pretty stupid looks from those around me when I ask this simple little question...DOES ANYONE HEAR THAT SOUND??? WHAT IS THAT..? :rolleyes:

Help here would be proof..I'll print it off and show everyone here that it's real..I'm not really going off the deep end..Well not totally anyway...

Thanx..

Boy, do I feel better after reading your post!!! :wacko: The same thing happens to me! I've never been sure what is going on or why it happens, but it does! I've only had it happen as I'm waking up. It happened for the first time about 8 years ago when I was in highschool. I heard this loud noise and thought that my mom had a load of laundry in the washer (which was just outside of my bedroom) and that it was off balance and rocking around like crazy. It was so noisy it woke me up. I later found out that the house was very quiet at that time. Another time I was home alone and heard this loud noise as I was waking up. I thought someone was pounding on our door, so I went to answer it, only to discover that no one was there. So, don't worry, you're not nuts! Or, if you are I'm right there with you! :rolleyes:

Rachel

Steph,

I have a ringing sound too, but that is a different sound.

I have wondered if the sound is my heartbeat. But there are times that my heart is pounding really hard, but I don't hear it in my head. And then there are times that my heart isn't pounding all that hard, but I hear a pounding noise in my head. I never mentioned anything about it to my doctor because it wasn't a very bothersome symptom, so I never even thought about it when I had an appointment with her.

So what did your doctor say about that symptom? I'm just curious.

Rachel

2dizzy4now and Rachel--

Yes! We're not crazy, just happen to "hear things." :lol:

Last summer when POTS really firing up (and before my official dx) I would wake up, take a shower and then as I was getting ready I heard very loud grating sound. Sometimes it was more like a TV static and sometimes more like an engine or groan, but always very loud. It would last from seconds to minutes and would eventually go away. I do experience occassional ringing and have ear pain still, especially when I'm feeling bad/dizzy. I haven't had a loud, strange one in awhile. I wonder if it's since taking Florinef and beta blocker?

Ginger