Cognitive Dysfunction In Pots Reversible?

jangle

I definitely noticed cognitive dysfunction when I first got POTS when I was 17, especially when it comes to working memory and attention. I haven't really noticed a decline since then (6 years now) and I was able to be very successful in college. However, now that I know what I have is POTS, I'm wondering if it's possible to reclaim my previous cognitive function. For people who have gone into remission, did you find your cognitive ability was roughly where it was before you got POTS?

My cognitive functions are usually ok when i wake in the morning. Its only posturally that they are effected. For me POTS has probably made me a bit more of stresser than I was before hand - I never worried about anything until I got sick. Not sure if there is a connection, but that is what Ive noticed.

My cognitive functions are very easily fatigued though.

my cognitive function is rather dependant on whether i'm stood, sat or laid down- it's completely normal when i'm laid down which is why i naturally wanted to type assignments and do my reading, revising for exams etc when i was at uni. its a little affected when i'm sat and completely rubbish when i'm stood up. so bad that i cant count to more than 10 as i run out of fingers... it's shockingly bad.

the brain makes us pass out before it gets hurt from the hypoxia (and so oxygenated blood can slosh back to the brain) and as congnitive dysfunction caused by the hypoxia (due to blood pooling in the lower limbs and abdomen) and so once the PoTS has gone the cognitive dysfunction should go with it, and so congnitive functions would be roughly what they were before PoTS started. :)

fi