Disability

surfgirl14

Hey guys. I just applied for disability from social security and am very nervous about following through with the process. They are sending me the last of the application process....which is to sighn a paper giving them permission to release my medical records. Soo my questions are

Can the government take away my license? or car?

Can this keep me from getting a future job?

Has anyone else applied for or is on disability? I am very nervous about giving all my private info away. :huh: I am also scared that if i do get diability that this will affect my future job (hoping i will recover) and if they will take away my license. I am a part-time student and need to drive to get to school. Any information you have would be much appreciated....thanks.

I just received my disability this July. There is a blog on this forum that someone posted and it showed exactly what and how to go about getting your disability. I printed it out and gave it to my lawyer, he followed with some of my other medical issues, and it took two years to get in front of a judge, but I had my verdict in five minutes. I now received disability and I still can earn a certain amount each year without losing my benifits, sorry I can't remember the number, I'm in no shape to work. I did ask my lawyer what should I do if I get better and he just stated to call him then and then we would discuss the issue and decide then what to do. They don't take away your license or car, I do believe my lawyer stated they might call me in a year or two to see how I am doing, but then again he just said to call him.

Maggie

They won't take away your car. It would be up to your treating physicians to decide if you're not safe to drive. You can go back to work through SSDI's Ticket to Work program. They'll continue to provide payment while you're getting training to get back to work, if you recover enough to do so. The Ticket to Work program is designed to encourage folks to get back to work if they're able and not to penalize you for trying, even if you relapse and have to stop working. Here's a link for more info to the government's Ticket to Work site: http://www.ssa.gov/work/