Just Need To Vent. Sorry!

fiona-jane

today someone reversed into my car while it was stationary at a junction and is believing that its all my fault...... icon_cussing.gif

i followed her down the road and her car pulled up to the junction lines so i followed and did the usual- handbrake, neutral thing. checked my watch and glanced at an approaching car while i waited a few seconds for her to find a gap in the traffic and leave. she then reversed into my car without warning and really fast and didnt stop straight away so she shunted me a few cm down the road. she was right up at the junction and the lines on the road and signs indicate that the only way you can go from that junction is left.

i was at an angle to her as the road we came out of was at an angle to the junction and so she's only dented my wheel arch and scratched her bumper so not serious. but she's making out like it's my fault and that i hit her.... with my stationary car! she kept yelling that i'd run into the back of her car and said it over and over and used a very agressive tone. even called me up on my mobile and tried to bully me into admitting fault and apologising. and she wanted my insurance details. so i gave them. insurance company will have fun with this one cos the fault is clear! icon_wall.gif she said the person behind is always at fault but thats not what the law states so she's in for a shock when the insurance company work out who's at fault etc.... icon_twisted.gif

worries me that she had no idea i was there as i'd followed her down the road for about 100-200meters from where she pulled out of the parking spaces and was clearly behind her while she reversed. she claims i came out of nowhere.... she seriously needs to improve her observation skills!

but, seriously- how can a stationary car hit a car that is currently reversing? surely it's the reversing car that creates the impact... icon_evil.gif and i always thought it was wise to look in your mirrors while reversing.... and you should do it regularly-if she'd been doing this properly than she'd have seen me well before we got to the junction as i was following her from where she left a car parking space a few meters infront of me.

trying to bully someone into admitting fault when it's clearly their own as they were the ones that did the act that caused the impact... icon_wall.gificon_twisted.gif

arrrggghhhh! why are people like this allowed to have driving licenses???!

fi

Edited by corina

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you recently. It makes it really difficult when you're using all your strength just dealing with your illness when car accidents occur and insurance companies are hassling over this mishap. Any further news? Please let us know what happens....

Hang in there. Things will get better soon, hopefully.

Best Wishes,

Jana