Above The Knee Compression Stockings

lgtaylor100

My doctor gave me a prescription for above the knee compression hose. Does anyone have these. I can understand how knee high or waist high stay up, but what about above the knee? Does anyone wear these? Do they help? I am slightly overweight. Would that be a problem?

Thanks for your help.

I have the ones my cardiologist ordered and hate them. I have arthritis hands so just to get the foot fitted takes me nearly an hour. I have to wear garter belt to hold mine up and since stores here in boonies don't carry them, I tried those from Jobst (where my first stockings were from), and a smaller narrower but more delicate looking one from Vermont Country Store. I bought the devices and the gloves to help me get them on -- big waste of money. It takes 2 of us to get them off (and I'm petitie). I can get them down to ankles sitting on bed but then I have to have somebody pull, pull, pull (which probably stretches them to be even longer and thinner. I tried knee high compression (doc says thigh high for me) as another option but you could see distinct indentations where the blood/fluid cut off line was. I wear them if I go to church or to a funeral or something like that. And did I mention they are hot--a lot of spandex.

I wear the thigh high support hose made by Jobst and Allegro. I got them on-line at Bright Life Direct who are very helpful with fittings and compression. Their website is: www.brightlifedirect.com. I wear them everyday. I have the 30-40mmhg compression. They can be difficult to get on & off, but the support of increasing my blood pressure is worth the work. They have an elastic/latex band that holds them up. I wore them through the summer with capris and flip flops. I have the open toe style. They really did not make me that hot from wearing them. They do keep my legs warm now that the weather is cooler. Good luck.

I wear the thigh high support hose made by Jobst and Allegro. I got them on-line at Bright Life Direct who are very helpful with fittings and compression. Their website is: www.brightlifedirect.com. I wear them everyday. I have the 30-40mmhg compression. They can be difficult to get on & off, but the support of increasing my blood pressure is worth the work. They have an elastic/latex band that holds them up. I wore them through the summer with capris and flip flops. I have the open toe style. They really did not make me that hot from wearing them. They do keep my legs warm now that the weather is cooler. Good luck.

That is true--they make good leg warmers.

My problem is they getting something good to hold them up once they are finally on (a torn ligament from my right thumb and being right handed adds to the difficulty). And you can see the garter belts when wearing fine fabrics. Where did you find elastic bands to hold them up? And do these band constrict the blood flow at that point? I was just curious as I used to wear thigh high hosery. Thanks for sharing.

I have the waist high stockings, but they're incredibly difficult to get on, especially since I have small fiber neuropathy. I tend to have abdominal blood pooling, so the waist highs are the best for me. I'm not sure that they're doing much good, but my New Year's resolution (among others) is to try to wear them everyday.

I have thigh high ones. I don't have a problem getting them on or off. I only wear them in the fall and winter time especially since they can make me feel hot. My stocking have a really nice band so they stay on well but I love when I get to take them off because it feels like I have better circulation then and my legs don't feel itchy.