Trying To Explain This To My Doctor... What Is This Called?

icesktr189

Yes, Naomi. Thanks. It's not as if the room is moving...I am. I am rocking and bobbing, not spinning, like on a boat. It has been nonstop for 4 months. I belong to a benzo withdrawal group, and some there get this also. The central nervous system is the common denominator. I pray for this to stop as I'm running out of the ability to handle everything. I feel like I'm being tortured in my body.

I have post-viral chronic illness that includes autonomic dysfunction - most likely POTS. I suffered from nearly non-stop motion sickness and rocking and bobbing and NAUSEA for 3 years. Many days I was unable to leave my house. I tried everything to get it to stop. Klonopin, steroids, antivert, treatment for benign positional vertigo, cranial sacral therapy, massive amounts of prayers, etc.

My motion sickness issues decreased significantly within 6 months of going totally gluten free. I discovered my body was making antibodies to gluten via an anti-gliadin blood test. I tested off the charts positive to gluten antibodies and immediately began a GF diet. Slowly, over time, my motion sickness, inability to walk straight, inability to read or track anything with my eyes became much better!!!! I was able to return to work part time and am now back full time.

I am now dairy free, too, because I began having the same bad reactions I used to get when eating gluten. I'm often asked if staying gluten free is difficult (now into over 3 years) and my immediate answer is HECK NO!!! What IS difficult is battling motion sickness and not being able to use your eyes and leave your house and nearly having to go on permanent disability! Not THAT's difficult!

I feel for all those who have this disequilibrium. Keep trying everything. I hope you find something that helps. I still get motion issues after driving or riding long distance, watching the ocean, and sometimes for no unknown reason, but it is not chronic day in and day out.

Stay sane and keep trying remedies. (including a gluten free diet, it that's what it takes!)

Peace, Bayly