Achr Antibodies And Anaesthetic

Annaliese

Hmmm, ive just learned that anaesthetic blocks the AChR receptor. In autoimmune dys there is an AChR receptor antibody which does all the damage-there seems to be a connection. It kind of makes sense to me the body might react to surgery by producing antibodies against the AChR receptor. But why then after a virus would the body attack those same receptor sites? Is it that the postviral autoimmune response produces lots of antibodies and the AChR antibody is just one of them?

Ah, Ok. Thanks. Ramakentish there's one thing ive been meaning to ask you. In hyper pots where you tend to get polyurea, what is the mechanism for this? I dont understand it because the sympathetic nervous system is going crazy -the flight and fight response tends to stop urination so why all the peeing? I used to have high standing bp (and hence i think i had hyper pots) but over the year its gotten lower and lower but the one thing that hasnt changed is the thirst-drink-pee cycle. Florinef seems to reduce this. Any insights you have would be much appreciated.

• 2 months later...