Short Of Breath And Heart Attack Feeling All Day, Yet Laying Down, Hr=90 And Bp=120/80. How Is This ? Start Meds Tomorrow

hyperpots

I will discuss this with Dr. tomorrow, but I just don't understand why my symptoms are so severe while laying down with the Vitals I put in the post.

If I get up, HR shoots to 140 and symptoms actually better while up and walking around, but I don't have the energy to keep walking. BP goes up for a few minutes, then goes down to like 108/90 while standing.

Just last minute checking before I f/u with ANS DR. who is putting me on Midodrine and Minostin tomorrow.

Steven

Hi Steven

I find on some days no matter what I do even though BP and HR are ok lying down I still feel like I am going to die any minute.(I have had a heart attack 100 times over or so I thought!)......I really believe its the autonomic system at work (or lack thereof :) ).....don't forget it regulates many more things than just HR and BP!!! I know you have POTS but if you were also diagnosed with Dysautonomia like me that means your whole autonomic nervous system is off kilter and not operating properly and therefore can cause many of the other symptoms you are describing such as anxiety, chest pain/ pressure, temperature deregulation, feelings of imbalance (drunkiness) abdominal issues, nerve issues....pretty much anything to do with controlling your body :( when these horrible sensations come on just try to keep that in mind and learning distraction can be very helpful also.....I found when I stopped letting my psyche play into the symptoms so much coping with the actual physical problems got alot easier....I hope that helps a bit! Keep us posted when you start the meds...I am waiting to get over a stomach illness to start Mestinon so I am crossing my fingers for you! :)

Bren

Steven, this probably isn't much consolation but when I first got sick with POTS I also felt worse lying down. I had constant and severe chest pressure whether I was lying, sitting or standing and I actually felt really giddy when I was lying down and any time I changed position. I felt much better when I was moving around but like you I also got very tachy quickly and tired and then had to sit or lie down again.

I hope that just like me, this symptoms will improve for you over time. Over time the giddiness slowly started to dissipate and the adrenal surges I had when lying down calmed down too. I still get them sometimes but not as often. In fact now I am quite the opposite to how I started off with POTS. I feel better when I am just sitting still or lying down. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing because I've noticed I am not as comfortable at walking longer distances. But at least I feel more at ease within myself just sitting or lying whereas I didn't have one moment of peace in the beginning.