Walk One Day - Then Chest Pain For Days - Microvascular Spasm?

E246

This has happened a few times now.

I have been feeling really well and yesterday actually managed to walk round a park with a few rests. Had a bit of chest pain but got better and kept going.

Today the chest pain started this morning while out in car - had to pass the driving over. Went light headed and felt really uncomfortable like i do when i think i have too much adrenaline - although heart rate not too high. Sometime during this period my HR monitor recorded hr of 215 so i realise this will have made me feel bad and i do not know quite when this happened possibly at the beginning. When this happens it usually lies me low for 12 hours at least - i do not know why.

Now my prof says if i use too much energy from my reserves i will pay for it.

But why a day later?

The same thing happen a week ago - walked quite a bit then next day - ill with chest pain for 4 days.

Now i am wondering if this is microvascular spasm - the exertion causes spasm in the smaller blood vessels.

Or - the exertion (only walking) causes plaque or debris from blood vessels to be released and these cause spasm.

Or - there are small clots caused by something causing pain and activated by activity.

The thing is while i was walking my heart rate was only around 85-95 apart from a hill.

So in a way it is as though i am really getting better but i still can't move around because of the chest pain.

Even starting to think i probably would not officially have pots some days- great but still so many debilitating symptoms.

Is a spike in heart rate - like i described - indicative of an SVT?

Really appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Join the ? POTS gang! We are not sure what is going on in our family!! But it is odd that you mention microvascular spasms, my son had TTT yesterday and no POTS found but big big drop in BP on raising so Orthostatic hyportention noted, Dr. said he wonders if it is to do with micro vascular issues!!!!!

Also for years we have all dealt with chest pain that radiates into neck down our arms typically this happens with exercise like running, or walking up hills. I have often wandered about angina due to spasms, and oddly some years back I was getting bouts of angina type chest pain, that were becoming a daily occurrence I was put on a Calcium channel blocker (and some other meds) for high BP and my angina type symptoms reduced! CCB are used to treat:-

Prinzmetal's angina is a form of chest pain, pressure, or tightness (angina) caused by spasms in the arteries that supply blood to the heart. It is a form of unstableangina, meaning that it occurs at rest, often without a predictable pattern.