Alternative Med Therapy Helping

ddschool

I wanted to write about something I decided to try last week, and it seems to be helping so far. I am realizing the docs don't know what to do for me anymore, so I decided to try alternative medicine therapies.

Last week I started acupuncture. I get it done through a chiropractors' office. She told me it would take 6 sessions to notice a change, but I noticed I felt better and had more energy the next day.

She said it obviously wouldn't be a cure, but it sure has helped. I feel more focused, have more energy, and that I can get more tasks done. I don't know if it would be work for everyone, but it is worth a shot.

That is great. I have not heard that acupuncture is helpful for dysautonomia. However I do have friends who have found relief from pain with it. And my husband (who was a skeptic) got acupuncture for his dog, years ago, for a health problem the dog had, at the recommendation of the vet. It definitely helped the dog (she went from limping to walking normally after several sessions) and I don't think there could be a placebo effect for a dog?