What Happened To Me This Morning?

misstraci

I normally ride with someone to work but I had to go in early this morning and so I drove alone. I work about 25 miles from work and the drive started fine and out of nowhere while driving on the interstate, this sensation engulfed my body. I can only explain it as I felt like I was going to pass out but to be more detailed it felt like a hot, rush, tingle, feeling shoot from head to toe. It stayed for what seemed like forever, I'm sure it was only a minute or two but it sure felt like forever. I started to pull over but I didn't. It went away and I was so thankful but it really shook me up, especially because I was in the car and driving and what would happen if I passed out behind the wheel. I was still shaking once I got to work. What was that feeling that I experienced? Have you ever felt something like that before?

Sounds like an adrenaline surge.

I can't handle the interstate.

I can handle driving fast out in the country but I think I feel trapped on the interstate and I can't handle watching the cars from the other direction coming at me and going by one by one.

It's too much stimulation and sets off my anxiety.

The last time I tried I felt fine pulling on about 2/3 of the way through my route I started feeling shaky and as if the car was going to spin out of control. I also got butterflies in my stomach and was really shaky like you describe.

lieze, thanks for such a quick reply.

Do you think that sounds like an adrenaline surge for real? I have always wondered what those were. I'm sorry your driving situation is like mine. It's rough, I don't think it's anxiety for me but i'm scared i may have some epileptic thing going on because a lot of times, I get very symptomatic while driving, i'm not sure if its motion, lights, etc that set it off.

The way anxiety manifests in me is very peculiar (in my mind)

I don't so much get nervous-not all the time at least.

I can feel perfectly find and relaxed and start experiencing physical symptoms.

Driving and especially that interstate action is a typical trigger it seems for people with anxiety.

I took a test online recently to score my anxiety.

The results were very interesting.

I scored in all 90's for physical effects and rate in the severe category.

As far as emotional psychological my pie was much smaller-so this is very interesting.

I can tell you that I've been naturally anxious since I was a child so maybe somehow I've adapted to just view this as normal and maybe I try to cope as much as possible to the point where it just comes out physically.

I have no other explanation except that it may not all be anxiety...and maybe it never was all anxiety...if I have orthostatic issues and always have to some degree potentially perhaps the physical issues bring out the anxiety.

I really have no clue.

I will tell you though if you feel badly pull over don't push it.

Even if it would be anxiety-people having panic attacks can pass out...have seizures...lose control basically so be safe always...it's nice to think you can tell yourself this will pass but we just don't know you really have to find a comfort level with your own body. I want you to be safe and feel good especially while driving.

Hi Misstraci,

I've had them too. I also get a lot of visual disturbance with mine. I've had to pull off the road and call my mom to come pick me up because I couldn't recover from them. I usually have a bad bout of tachycardia with it and I shake for hours. Once the hot flash stops, then I am usually chilled for hours too.