Flare Ups?

micheller

Personally, when I'm not in a flare, (I always have some low-grade symptoms and migraines) I can work part time, do volunteer activities, exercise moderately and do basic household chores. When I'm in a flare, I can barely stagger thru my house. I have a huge swing from "not flare" to "flare" with my symptoms.

That said, even on my best days, I have had to modify how I do things and how much I can do compared to how I was before this struck.

When I am in a relapse/flare I am very much able to tell! I start having mysterious problems and they can lasts for days then they will disappear and something else will appear and its ongoing for months at a time usually 3-5 months for me.Then it seems like I am recovering for months almost 75% better and stay at that intill another relapse.The longest "remission time I have had was about 5 months. The longest relapse was about a year 1/2 that was in the beginning. I believe I have suffered with this since I was a teen or even before but it wasn't severe until having children. I have documentation of POTS type vitals from year 2000 so maybe mine is autoimmune...?

I too can tell when I'm having a flare up. I typically end up sleeping (like not able to get out of bed at all) for easily 16 or more hours. I get a lot more lightheaded (walking is difficult and showering is nearly impossible), I get very emotional and anxious, I tend to be more antisocial because I feel so awful (I almost get a little mean to others), my double vision worsens (to the point where my glasses don't help) and I get too nauseous to even eat. On good days I may be nauseated, a little lightheaded, and need my glasses, but my mood is always stable and I'm able to use my recumbent bicycle and work part time. Also, I tend to sleep about 8 to 10 hours. It basically is some of my normal symptoms magnified by like a thousand with added mood swings.

I don't get more than 5 hours of sleep. My nausea is so bad I end up staying awake until I literally crash because laying down/reclining makes it worse. I'm sure lack of sleep doesn't help my symptoms. I think I'm going to keep a journal about my symptoms, the severity, and how much activity I did to see if there's a trend somewhere.

I use medhelp.com to track my symptoms. They have a disautonomia tracker as well as a sleep tracker. It's not a perfect tracker, some of my medications are missing on the treatment section, but overall it's a good tool they even have stockings and diet change options.

This is the dysautonomia link, you can get to the others from this page as well, they have quite a few other trackers. http://www.medhelp.org/user_trackers/gallery/dysautonomia