I'm Really Scared, Could This Be A Blood Clot?

First question..are we at risk for blood clots forming due to the orthostatic stuff? A few days ago I experienced a pain at the very top of my leg, groin area, the pain was centered at the groin, but traveled thru my lower abdomen and down thru my leg. The intense pain let up, but now i'm having very minor pain right in that groin area, it feels like vein pain, if there is such a thing. Its really making me nervous about moving about much,,not that i can anyway, I'm mostly bed bound right now....I just can't help but worry.

I can't tell you that it isn't.

I have had similar type pain that felt vein associated in my calves and had similar fear.

So far nothing has happened like that to my knowledge.

For one thing I am anemic and I think when you are anemic your blood tends to be thinner.

I hope you get it figured out.

It's not a bad idea even though you must lay down to just move your legs around periodically to get the blood flowing.

I don't know about whether orthostatic stuff makes you more at risk. If you take birth control, if you smoke, if you are inactive, if you are overweight, all these make you more at risk. I had a blood clot and they went to my lungs. I couldn't feel the blood clot in my pelvis though, but remember reading at at the time a lot of people could. If you are concerned you should have it checked out as soon as possible. I ignored my signs and ended up in the hospital and then on blood thinners. The cause for me was apparently the birth control.

I periodically experience this pain sensation and it feels like I am having a spasm in my blood vessels. I described it to my POTS doc (in the same way and places that you have noted) and he said that it could be spasms but also asked me some questions about the pain to rule out neuropathy issues. He didn't mention anything about clots but I really think that we have such strange stuff and are on such complicated meds that we should tell our docs if we have any new symptoms especially if we know they can be symptoms of something serious (clots, heart attacks, strokes.) That being said, I have had this pain periodically (1-2x/wk) for a few years now, and it has been irritating (and sometimes breath-taking) but not immediately harmful. My suspicion is that it has to do with changes in the vascular tone and blood pooling.