Why Does Standing Up Trigger Myoclonic Jerks?

I have had myoclonic jerks for about 6 years now, but when I got real bad and diagnosed with dysautonomia this past September the myoclonic jerks became severe. Some days I jerk all day long, and other days just here and there. In the past month the dysautonomia has become severe, and I am unable to stand for more than 5-7 minutes. In the past few days I have noticed that any time I stand for a few minutes the jerks get very severe, standing is triggering the jerks.....is this normal for dysautonmia? And for that matter, are myoclonic jerks common with dysautonomia?

Another person about a year ago had these issues. Her id was Erikainorlando. She found out that she had stiff person's syndrome. Hope that's not what you have, but she was relieved to know what it was. You can probably look her up and see if you can PM or e-mail her to get more info. I talked with her on the phone once. She is really nice and has been through allot to finally get her diagnosis.

Issie