A Spinoff From My Gerd Post Below, Another Puzzle Piece?

This could be another piece to my medical puzzle,lol Ok...so last year I became very ill with diarrhea, and please forgive the graphic details here, but I feel it's important in my case and trying to figure it all out. I'll call it "D" just to try to lighten the word here, because I'm sure you all don't want to hear about this,lol

Anyway, the D started a year ago, came on suddenly, and I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I spent 6 solid months in the bathroom, expelling water up to 12 times per day, I was extremely weak, and did not want to eat, and nothing stopped it. After many tests I was diagnosed thru a colonscopy with biopsies as having something called "collagenous colitis." From what I understand it's not much more than inflammation in the colon.

Which is why I am connecting it with pots...I mean if gerd, which is also inflammation is caused by pots, couldn't collagenous colitis also be caused from pots?

I seem to have inflammation all thru my body, I have been diagnosed with...collagenous colitis, chronic sinusitis, gastritis, gerd, and pots. What roll does pots play in inflammation thru the body?

Again I do apologize for the TMI information, I'm just trying to figure this whole mess out.

IDreamInColor,

Have you read much about mast cell disease on this forum? You might want to do a search on previous posts and read a bit about it. You sound like you have some of the symptoms and it is thought to be an underlying cause of POTS. Everyone has mast cells which serve a purpose as part of our immune system. But someone with a mast cell disorder either has too many mast cells (systemic mastocytosis) or their mast cells behave poorly (mast cell activation disorders) and release their mediators (think chemicals) into the body. The mediators can cause a great deal of inflammation all over the body including colitis (which actually may be mast cells in the GI tract), gastritis due to hypersecretion of gastric acid, severe "D" due to histamine dumps, reflux, and on and on and on. There are a few really good forums for mast cell diseases specifically so if you want to learn more, try googling "mast cell activation disorders forum" and you will find a lot.

Certainly your symptoms could be due to a number of different things but your posts caught my attention so I wanted to give you a heads up to check it out.