Weird Sensation

surfgirl14

Hey guys it's me again. Ok so for the past week I have been having this really strange numbing/tingiling/pressure sensation that is really uncomfortable and bothersome in the left part of my chest right beside my breast. I am a bit freaked out, and it wil not go away. It comes and goes about every couple of minutes. :( It is realy startig to get to me. does anyone know what this could be, if you have ever had it with POTS?? :unsure:

Hello Potsgirl93 and welcome. I noticed no one had responded, so let me pitch in. I haven't been diagnosed with POTS, (my TTT were inconclusive and done poorly and vanderbilt did not perform but like 2 tests on me and one of them was the TTT) but I have been diagnosed with general Dysautonomia...... but i have all the symptoms of POTS. One thing that you and I can be sure of, is that you will prob see new symptoms as you go along with this disease.... new and very weird ones, with variations of intensity, how it 'feels', etc..... so it is important that you remember that, and when a new symptom shows itself, try to remain calm and keep yourself talked down. This is one thing i have learned and learned well..... even after 9 years of this, still new symptoms show up all the time, or a perhaps "same symptom" yet the symptom feels different sometimes (hard to explain, but i think alot on here would know exactly what i mean by that :) I use to freak out with new symptoms, and i mean freak out as i have very bad anxiety and panic....... but after coming here, i learned that we all have different symptoms, alot the same too; but i learned here from many, many others that new and weird symptoms/feelings/pains, etc, are normal. So, when a new one starts, I do whatever I can to keep calm and talk myself down.

I do have weird sensations in the same area that you describe, i seem to get it more in the right breast/chest though and for me, this one is a new one theses past 9 mths..... as it comes and goes.

If it persists, gets worse or you just can't stand it anymore and feel your doc needs to check this out for you, then, of course, go for it. In the meantime, i know it's aggravating and unsettling...... as you learn to deal with new symptoms, it became vital for me to go to a happy place in my head, listen to upbeat music with the earphones, watch comedies, etc to get your mind off things..... all while talking yourself down and talking & teaching yourself to be calm and ok. Im still working on this particular coping mechanism (the talking myself down)..... i've been working on it for many months now as it has worked for many years with my vision loss with silent migraines and it noticed as I became better at it, my vision loss time would decrease more and more...... but i think i basically had to really, really force myself to change my panic thoughts when the vision loss occurs, cuz that one thing flips me out everytime and i've had that since 7th grade (im 34 now).

Im hoping some others can tune in here and post some thoughts, ideas, etc ....... i do have 'uncommon' symptoms that most others don't have as well, and i think we all do, so, in that, i find more comfort. But, if you ever get a gut instinct that something needs to be addressed, then by all means, go to the doc....... otherwise, you aren't the only one with that weird pain, numbness sensation in the chest/breast area..... as it happens to be one of the most nerve wrecking symptoms i have..... grrrr

Also, symptoms will get worse (for most all of uss on here) like around the week right before your period and during to a few days after..... i guess it's like a peak time for symptoms just to go nuts...... knowing that, has helped me create a calandar of knowing when my worst days are most likely......

sorry i've rambled so much...... hope this helps in some small way :)

tennille

Hi potsgirl93! I get a lot of sensations in my chest (particularly the left side). The pressure goes through my whole chest. I get pretty intense pain on the left from my sternum through my shoulder and down around the outside of my breast. I haven't experienced numbness or tingling but I would imagine it is possible. So, please know you are not alone and it can be very scary.

That being said, I have been monitored while experiencing this pain and know I'm not having anything dangerous in my heart. Because of our diagnosis with POTS and the kinds of medications we take, if this is new and it is worrisome, I encourage you to at least talk to your doctor. The doc would be the best person (other than you) to decide if you need to be checked out.