My Iron Is Scary Low

lieze

Thank you Katybug I was very nervous but it went okay.

I had some palpitations about 10 minutes into the infusion some restlessness and anxiety that came and went during the whole procedure.

It took 2 1/2 hours.

I was able to recline, eat and drink, get up and use the bathroom.

About 30 minutes after and 1 hour after I had a small episode of flushing and nausea that lasted maybe 5-10 minutes.

It's been 3 hrs. post infusion and I can feel the iron clearing my system.

I will be going back for 3 more treatments 1 per week then have a break and get bloodwork drawn.

Then the following week am scheduled to see the hematologist and scheduled for another infusion.

I'm not really looking forward to this but if it helps ( how can it not? ) what choice do I really have?

I should consider myself so lucky on either side of me were cancer patients taking their chemo.

As I had my anxiety episode they were both reassuring me that I was going to be okay.

I almost felt ashamed and embarrassed that here I am with something so treatable and they in their conditions are having to lift me up.

I just have no control over my anxiety.

My mom went with me and she knew I'd have a little issue.

She said she remembered when I fell off my bike as a child they took me to ER and I shook so intensely the wheels of the cart I was on were shaking.

I just have to make up my mind I am going to do this and gather the courage. I guess fake it til I make it. : )

Let us know how it went!! Hoping everything goes smoothly.

Well. I type that as you were typing you were done! Good. Glad it went fairly well. Don't worry about the anxiety, those people were beside you for a reason today. Maybe they feel no control with their cancer, and it might have helped them to know that they helped you today.

I almost feel worse.

I think part if it is my nerves working on me.

I just feel horrible like I'm going to drop but the doctor assured me I wouldn't.

I just wonder how much of this is stress.

I just keep thinking about how many times I've been to ER feeling as if I'm on the verge of collapse and they find nothing physically wrong.

I'm gonna have to take their word that levels are rising and that I'm gonna be okay and try to believe that.

Thanks for asking-I appreciate it. : )

Lieze,

Great news that it went ok! You made it through and it doesn't sound like your body is having a major bad reaction! That will be something to hold on to for your next treatment. I'm so glad it went well.

Don't fret over the anxiety...you need to forgive yourself for that instead of beating yourself up over it. When you start to worry about the anxiety ask yourself, "What would God do?"

Take care!