Computer Knowledgable People

HopeSprings

Can someone help? I'm getting all these pop ups every time I visit a website. I have the pop up blocker turned on and still it happens. Also, on every website, I'm seeing random words highlighted, looking like a link, but when I scroll over it or click it, ads are popping up. Anyone know how to fix these problems?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you have virus/ malware. McAfee is OK but it won't catch everything. When did you update it? I really like Malwarebytes. For junk you get from the web, I think it works better than a normal antivirus program. Just google it and download the free version. Then I would disconnect the internet (like unplug your router) in case the virus is uploading your files or recording keystrokes or something. Then run MWB, reboot, then run it again. If it's nasty you might have to start windows in safe mode and then run mwb. If both MWB and McAfee say you're clean it's OK to try the internet again.

Hate to say this but viruses are bad and often get worse when you try to delete them. You should back up your valuable files now. Just make sure you scan them again from whatever computer you put them on. Good Luck!