Can Pots Cause Protein To Show Up In Your Urine?

I know it's an odd question. But now that I have a diagnosis I can look back now and see that I've had this my whole life. It started when I was a teenager back in 1983 (I'm 45 now), my mom took me to the doctor because I was so tired and weak all the time. They put me in the hospital and discovered I had a protein overflow, they diagnosed me with glomerulonephritis. I spent my whole life feeling tired and weak, and lightheaded, I bounced from doctor to doctor looking for answers over the years, and the only thing they ever found was low blood pressure, they would tell me to eat more salt and send me on my way.

And now all these years later, here I am at my very worst, I just spent 5 days in the hospital this past September with many many symptoms, and guess what?...protein in my urine again. I just can't help but think it is being caused by the dysautonomia. Does anyone know if protein in the urine can be caused by this dystautonomia?

I haven't seen that POTS, itself, can cause protein in urine. But, I have seen that some of the associated diseases/disorders can cause this. Also, keep in mind that it could be happening the other way around...the glomerulonephritis could be causing the dysautonomia. You may wnt to do a google search that cross-references the two items. I have found quite a bit of information that way regarding my own set of symptoms/diagnosis.